Back-to-school season is here and parents are hoping for a great start before the next holiday weekend.
Busses are on the road. School supply aisles are in shambles. Teachers’ alarms are going off every morning across the greater-Martinsburg, WV area. Summer is over. At least that’s the perspective of school students and their parents, as many children are now back in the classroom. Those parents are hoping for a great start to the new school year AND looking forward to a great Labor Day weekend. The best thing to do is make a plan for both.
Most experts say to focus on preparing the children for the transition that comes with the new school year. Touring the school, meeting the teachers and connecting your child to a friend can all help with making this time easier on your student. Here is a good article of back-to-school tips. It also offers safety tips.
Now you can plan for the upcoming three-day weekend on September 2 – 4. Activities like camping, fishing, golfing, biking are obvious ones for the region leading up to grilling in the backyard or the local park. However, if those don’t do it for you, click on this list for other ideas for local fun.
Below are some interesting facts about the holiday and what to do if you want your home professionally cleaned this fall.
Seven Fun Trivia Facts About Labor Day
1) The first ever US Labor Day was celebrated on 5th of September. 1882 on Tuesday in New York City which was planned by the Central Labor Union.
2) The American Labor Day concept was idealized by Canada in order to honor the Labor Movement. They also held a “9-hour Movement” to support the striking workers.
3) Labor Day was made a National Holiday by Grover Cleveland when he signed an Act in 1894 establishing a federal holiday.
4) A congress passed an Act on June 28th, 1894, to make Labor Day a legal holiday to be celebrated on the first Monday of September.
5) Labor Day is also considered to be the end of Hotdog season. According to a National Hotdog and Sausage Council, Americans typically consume almost 7 billion hot dogs.
Contact Extra Mile for Pressure Washing
The Extra Mile cleaning techs are the local experts in roof cleaning, house washing, gutter cleaning, and concrete and deck cleaning. They use the softwash cleaning technique to make sure all surfaces are cleaned safely and effectively. Softwash is the right amount of water pressure and safe detergents, used in perfect combination based on the surface being cleaned.
Contact Extra Mile’s Bunker Hill, WV office today for an exterior cleaning of your home or business. Click here to contact Extra Mile’s staff online. They can also be reached by calling 304.904.0500 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.